The Payamino Project, through Aalborg Zoo, agree to:
Aalborg Zoo also employ Darwin Garcia as a Ecuadorian coordinator of the project and Jens Sigsgaard as European Coordinator.
- Support community education with $5000 annually
- Support community development projects with $3000 annually
- Co-ordinate the schools sponsorship scheme
- Conduct high quality research with the Payamino
- Make a contribution directly to the community for every individual visiting the Payamino territory
- Support the project for a minimum of 10 years from 2002
The Payamino community agree to:
- Stop hunting and fishing for the bush meat markets
- Stop selling live animals
- Stop the use of poison and dynamite in fishing and hunting
- Stop oil, logging and gold companies entering the community territory
The community also act as guides and collaborators in the eco-tourism and research projects.